Sunday, January 30, 2011

This and That

Some pictures of the last few days to start the blog off right :)




















Gotta love the tongue..he must have been concentrating on calling someone important!

Liam fell and bumped his lip (lots of blood...scary mommy moment!) so he got to try a popsicle.

He may be cheeky sometimes...but he's cute doing it! lol

Uggh...it kills me that he is old enough to sit and hold his own bottle!

Eating mac and cheese for the first time. I debated...but I figured he should try it at least once!


Bill has been gone away on course for 4 days now (well...3 days, 13 hours, 12 minutes, 14 seconds...but who's counting? lol). I knew in advance of him leaving that I was in for a tough couple of weeks. My son is a MOVER!! As soon as he realized that those little hands and feet of his could take him places, he was off. He is not one of those children that will sit and read a book from front to back in one sitting. Most days I am lucky if I can get him to sit with me long enough to show him the brown bear and the green frog...someday we will make it all the way to the black sheep and the white dog I swear! So with Bill leaving, I was anticipating feeling a little extra tired at the end of the day. WHEW...obviously that was a mommy brain moment. By the time I get the lil man to bed, get Chloe taken care of, put away the days toys (which I have to do..it drives me crazy to wake up to a disaster zone in my living room), do the days dishes and do whatever other little random chores need doing (the poor fish gets fed like once every 2-3 days when I remember..he's a trooper), this Momma is ready for bed. But instead of bed, what have I done every night....watch Season 5 of Bones in bed on the laptop and read blogs. lol. Is is sad that I call that an awesome night? So I am feeling pretty tired at this point.

That being said, I have a pretty busy week planned for Liam and I. Tomorrow morning, bright and early, we are driving out to Pembroke with Pauline and Addy to do the playgroup thing. Liam loves it because he gets to walk around with all these cool walkers and tricylces to his hearts content. I am going to try to keep him from spotting the toy shopping cart this time though...last week we had a mini meltdown when I wouldn't let him barrel through the whole room full of kids with it. I like playgroup because it gets all of Liams energy out, and we have tonnes of fun seeing the toddlers interact. SO cute :)

On Tuesday Pauline and I have signed up for our first Step Class at the Rexplex on the base. They offer supervised play sessions in the morning for children, so we are able to drop Addy and Liam off and do our class down the hall. I am feeling a little apprehensive about leaving Liam with strangers, but at some point it has to be done, and at least I am just down the hall. With Addy there, he may not even clue into the fact that I have left (here's hoping! Though I sort of do want him to miss me...lol).

Wednesday always finds us at our usual spot..the base swimming pool. Last week Bills mom was able to join Liam and I at the pool, but Pauline and Addy were not due to a miscommunication between her and her husband regarding their carseat. He held it hostage for the day while he was at work. lol. So this week we will all have fun together. Liam has recently mastered that art of blowing bubbles. He has no fear whatsoever. He just plops his little face right into the water and says "ahhhhhhhh" at the same time. My little waterbaby.

For the rest of the week...who knows. Probably some shopping (I am determined that I can make cute hairbows just like the people on Etsy...and even though I don't yet have a girl baby..lol...I am making them anyways! Girl power!!), some walking outdoors in the snow and sunshine, some fingerpainting, some attempting to put laundry away (but finding something, anything else to do..ha)...who knows.

1 comment:

  1. I am absolutely in love with the picture of you and Liam. Such a treasure.

    Good luck on the making of hair bows lady. God knows how many I have and would have attempted it if I felt I had any talent. If you do end up mastering the art, I WILL be angry Devyn won't be able to use them (well, unless you make big girl ones.)

    And yes, every night, i put my feet up, watch some Family Feud and check out Ebay/Etsy. It's the highlight of my night! :)

    ReplyDelete