Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ode to a Van

Obviously not going to miss the old van!

A little dark, but oh how love our new van!

Even Mr. Liam loves the new van :)

I am absolutely LOVING my mini-van these days, and in response to those out there who think that mini-vans are ugly and not for them, I say if you have children....give them a chance!! Seriously!!! I would not be able to do half of the things that I do without my van. I travel almost every day with our friend Pauline and her daughter Addy. We are able to get the two carseats in there nice and safe, plus a jogging stroller, a regular large stroller, and everything else we need. At christmas we were able to carry ALL of our luggage and gifts home from Ottawa in one trip. Priceless!! Best decision ever!! And in honour of my new Dodge Grand Caravan, I have written this (HAHA!):

Oh, Dodge Caravan, how I love you!
You make things seem easy when our life feels like a zoo.
We can start your engine from our front hall,
And then jump in to have wonderful warmth for us all.

We used to have to struggle with our old, sad blue van,
But if anyone can make us forget it, you surely can!
I used to pray that there would be heat when we started,
Now I only have to worry about all the stuff I have carted!

I used to pray "do not slide!" when we would go out in the snow,
Now I just have to decide where to go :)
And in the old van it was hard to get the volume just right,
Now choosing tunes is as easy as flying a kite!

Though Liams carseat was safe in old Mrs. Blue,
I feel oh so much better when he is riding in you.
And before we did not have control of too much,
Now we can control everything with a touch.

And oh what to say about windows that don't have to be cranked?
Thank you, thank you, thank you....did I say you were thanked?
We love, we love you, oh our new red Dodge Caravan,
If anyone can make someone love minivans, oh YOU CAN!! :)


HAHAHA...hope you enjoyed my little rhyme! Can you tell I love my mini-van?? That's right...I said...I LOVE MY MINIVAN!!! :) And damn proud of it!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha haaaaaaa!!! This was soo good!!!

    We LOVE our van sooo much. I mean come on, did I used to look like the type of girl who would ever be a van girl!!!! When people say they would never be caught dead in a van, I just laugh. A van is SO practical, and so efficient. Buttttt...our Blue is gas guzzlin lots with how far away everything is!! But cannot see myself in anything but!!

    ReplyDelete