Monday, January 10, 2011

Welcome to Snowy Petawawa!

Whew...so the Adam's family has officially survived the holiday season. The decorations are all taken down now, and there is a sense of renewal in the air. As much as I hate to see Christmas pass, I always love getting my home back to normal. Yesterday was Bill's last day off before heading back to work, and we managed to spend some time in the basement organizing all of our boxes down there. We have three bookshelves full of cookbooks, textbooks, novels, reference books, travel books, photo albums, etc. down there...and I even finally managed to organize them. AHHH!! Pleasure pleasure pleasure. lol. I love walking down there now! Today was a super busy day. I was nervous about Bill heading back to work, just because I would have to fill mine and Liams days, but turns out it is easier than I thought. Pauline and I took the kids to playgroup for 9:30 this morning (after stopping for some much needed coffee on both our parts! lol), and I spent the next hour chasing after a crazy busy lil boy. He is totally coming into his own now...he is quick, and before he has even stopped to play with one thing, he is onto the next. Walkers are still his favorite, or anything else that he can push...so we spent a lot of time walking back and forth across the gym. At one point in the morning I looked longingly at Pauline who was sitting quietly while Addy played in the ball pitt...and stated there for 20 minutes. Boy was I ready to go at the end of the hour. But Liam had fun and I guess that's all the matters right?

After we got back, I put Liam down for a nap, caught up with Amber on the phone, and caught a half hour rest myself. Then we had lunch, and I decided that since it was so pretty out, I would take Liam for a ride in the sled he got for Christmas. So I got him all suited up (still haven't figured out how the heck to get snowboots on a one year old...but we made do), got myself somewhat suited up, got the sled outside and Liam put in it (I used a scarf as a makeshift seatbelt..lol), got Chloe's collar and leash on, took some pics of Liam because he was SO dang cute...locked the door....and then we were off. Lol...just writing all that made me tired!! We only walked around the small block, but it was more than enough believe me. Trying to keep Chloe in line (she didn't get a walk yesterday because it was insanely cold and windy here, thus she was CRAZY!), and pull Liam was tough. And then no one had plowed one of the main sidewalks, so we had to walk on the side of the road..which made me a little nervous. But Liam had SO much fun!! I kept looking back to watch his expressions and it made it all worth it. I jogged for a little ways and he thought that was great. The one thing I can say for Petawawa is that there is no lack of snow here! I think Liam is going to grow up loving the winter :)




Tomorrow Pauline and I are going to try to take some one year photos of Lil man. Who knows how they will turn out, but at least it will be something to do, and I know they'll be cute no matter what. Wednesday is swimming day, Thursday is a free day, and then I think on Friday Pauline and I are going to take the kiddies to Ottawa for the day. My son is in serious need of a hair trim!!

Well...that's about it for now...I hope that everyone reading this had a great holiday and we wish you all the best this year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment