Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Joys of Teething

So when Bill left last Thursday, I was thinking about how quick the two weeks would pass by. He was gone from us for 6 months while he was at bootcamp, so I figured that 2 weeks was nothin'! But oh boy, these 2 weeks are a-creeping by!!

At the beginning of the week I started getting indications that Lim was teething (again! Really...it's never ending), but I couldn't find any signs of teeth. Yesterday I finally spotted the culprit....it's a darn molar coming in!! No wonder the poor guy has been acting cranky. We have still managed to get out there and do our normal activities, but as soon as we get home, the whining Liam emerges. And I am NOT used to the whining. My child is usually so even tempered and easy going. Who is this boy?? lol He has had a small fever on and off for the past two days, has been having crummy naps, and has been tossing and turning at night. So needless to say, he has a tired mommy who is desperately missing his daddy! lol The light at the end of the tunnel every day is bath time. Liam is, and has always been, a water baby, so the minute he hits the water, the crankiness is gone. I love bath time!!!!


On Monday this week we headed out bright and early to the Pembroke playgroup. It was super fun for the kiddies, and I really loved watching how well Liam is walking around on his own. In the last week he has really come into his own in the walking department. He still resorts to the crawling occasionally, but he was charming all the adults at playgroup with how cute his little steps are. He has lots of fun zipping around on all the different toys and climbing up the stairs to the slide. And he loved "driving" the boat :)
Liam and Addy playing in the ball pit. A bit of a traffic jam!
Liam is a multi-tasker! He carried this hula-hoop for a good 5 minutes :)
Just a cute picture!!
On Tuesday Pauline and I took part in our first step class. We left the kids in the daycare that was in the room right next door to the class, and apparently they did awesome! Liam crawled over to the play with the trucks, and then they had some water and snacks, and by then we were already done. Not one tear was shed :) Whew...now the class....I don't think I have worked out like that since highschool fitness class! lol My calf muscles are ridiculously sore today, like to the point where it is hard to walk up and down the stairs (which is a problem since I do this ALL day long!). But the soreness is at least an indication that I actually DO have some muslces still...they just need to be worked out more often. The class was all choreographed, so Pauline and I found ourselves quite "off" on a lot of the movements, but it was all women (of all ages) so there was no feelings of embarrassment or anything. I can't wait to go back :)
And today...was swimming day! It started snowing early early this morning (so I'm told), and by the time I peeked out my blinds at 8, it was a winter wonderland. I really think they should tell you before you move to Petawawa that it is actually the second North Pole. It does not stop snowing all winter long. I debated in my head for about a second as to whether or not I felt safe driving in the white stuff, but Liam loves swimming, and without an activity of some kind, my day with my teething lil man would have been SOOOOO long. So I warmed :up the van (thank God for automatic starters!), got Liam all buckled in, turned on some Baby Einstein for Liam to watch while I de-snowed the van...and we were off to pick up Pauline and Addy. The baby pool ended up being closed, so we had to take the kids into the "big" pool. There ended up being four of us moms there, so not busy at all....we had lots of fun teaching the kids to throw a ball to each other. And Liams little friend Gabriel was there (we haven't seen him in awhile since his Daddy just got back from Afghanistan and they were visiting family) so it was great to see him. We are going to his first birthday party this Friday :)
Since getting home from swimming it has just been about surviving until bedtime! lol Liam has a mini nap this afternoon, but woke up crying and wouldn't go back down. I gave him some Tempra again (I hate medicating...but he needed it), and we played for the afternoon. He has been super cuddly and whiney all day (love the cuddles, hate the whining), but I am very thankful that he went down to bed nice and easy tonight. Tomorrow we have no plans...maybe out into the snow to play? Chloe would probably appreciate some outdoor time.
Who wishes that spring would hurry it up a little?


Mommy agrees!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love the Baby Legs on him.

    I know it sucks to medicate them, but yeah, a LIFESAVER. Devyn hated Tempra right from babyhood, we always felt Motrin did the trick. Teething sucks, sucks sucks sucks. Some babies suffer so much.
    And getting out DOES pass the time and I found even when Dev was sickish and not herself, taking her out for a bit made her and I feel better.
    And like I have said 100 times, I can't even survive a night without Matt, so blessings to you, blessings blessing blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great! It's a winter wonderland here also right now. Yuck! Spring will be here in no time, and the teething will end...eventually...lol
    Miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete