Thursday, March 25, 2010

Just a normal day

Today was definetly a better day than yesterday...although not without its kinks. But I think when you are alone with a highly active dog, and a 3 month old...things are usually going to be somewhat challenging (yet SO amazing at the same time). Liam had a pretty hard time falling asleep last night...once he finally drifted off...he pooped (lol...sorry if thats too much info) which meant I had to change him...which meant he woke up. Blah!! He then proceeded to wake up about 3 or 4 times throughout the night (I lost track). Who knows what was up. I'm hoping for a better night tonight.
Miss Chloe had a vets appointment this morning at 10:30 to get a bordetella vaccine that we declined to get during her regular vaccinations because...famous last words....we NEVER board her. But we have to next month because of Bills graduation from bootcamp. All of the people who would normally pet sit for me are going to be there. Damn! I hate putting her in a kennel because they always seem so noisy..I feel like she's going to be scared without one of us. Sad. Anyways..she did great at the vet (she likes it there because she gets treats).
After the vets we headed over to my grandparents house. They have a huge, fenced in back yard that Chloe can run around in. I thought I would spoil her a little what with the needle and all. I attempted to take her and Liam for a walk...but Liam wasn't in the mood (I think he was still a little sleepy therefore cranky) so we ended up just going around a short block. Then my grams played with Liam while I ran around for a but outside with Chloe.
This afternoon was uneventful...but fun since I spent the whole thing playing with Liam in his room. We did some tummy time (he loves it...although it seems to be the spitting up time), and played some peek-a-boo (he's just starting to get the concept and think its funny), we exercised his little arms and legs to some music...and just had a grand ol time. Its funny how when you're a parent, you find yourself having SO much fun doing nothing really. Just getting to see him laugh and smile is the best feeling ever.
On another note....I can't seem to figure Liam and his napping schedule out! I can always tell when he is getting tired, but he seems to hate actually falling asleep. He pretty well ends up crying himself to sleep every time. Even when I am rocking him in my arms. I don't know what I am doing wrong...or what else I can try. He likes sleeping in his swing, but even then he cries before nodding off. I've tried putting him into his crib..and he cries. Gah! And even then..when he finally does fall asleep....its never for very long. Maybe 30 minutes top. And then he wakes up still tired but unable to get back to sleep. Poor boy! I'm hoping we figure it out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment