Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Agghh!!


Today was such a beautiful day out!! The sun was shining, birds were chirping, trees are starting to bud...and I even saw some daffodils and tulips starting to grow. God I love spring!

The day started off well. Liam woke up at about 7:30 which is normal. I fed him right away, we played on my bed for awhile...I read him some books and he chewed on Sofie..he had a little teeny nap, and then it was meal time again. After that I packed him all up and headed out to Walmart to get some pictures developed. I finally managed to save his 3 month pictures to a cd last night, and if I don't get out right away to develop some, I end up with like 6 months worth of pictures to create. Not so pretty! So I've been really good about going in each month now. On the way I stopped at Tim Hortons for my requisite small iced capp (I know I know...its caffeine and I'm breastfeeding...but the teeny amount keeps me sane!) and was surprised to find that Liam was still happy in the back seat. Usually after about 10 minutes in his car seat, he realizes he can't really move around and he starts to get fussy (gone are the lovely days where he would fall RIGHT asleep as soon as we started the car). Walmart went well...we shopped around as the pictures were being developed. It was time for Liams nap right around the end of our shopping trip, and he started to cry a little...so I ended up swinging him in car seat at the back of the childrens department until he fell asleep. Good for the arm muscles let me tell ya!

After Walmart, came home, fed Liam again (geez he eats a lot...lol) and decided to take my dog Chloe for a walk. Liam usually really like going in his Snugglie, so I got him in his spring snowsuit thing and got him all set up. Finally found Chloes collar and got her all ready. So there I was...Mommy on the go with baby and dog in tow! I was seriously enjoying myself for..hmm...lets say about 5 minutes. Then I looked down! Seems that every person along our walk route had a party recently or something...there was glass everywhere!!! So I had to keep watching that Chloe didn't step on it. Then Liam started to get fussy because he hated his hat. So he kept turning his head back and forth trying to get it off...and the darn thing kept turning around so he couldn't see. So as I'm fixing his hat..chloe decides to run out into the road (I was using one of those extendable leashes and she NEVER does that!) just as I hear a bus approaching. So I quickly rein her in, take off the darn hat and pull his hood over his ears. Then miss Chloe decides its a great time to do her doody duty...so I get out my bag to scoop it up..while trying not to fall over because I've got Liam attached to me. GAH!! Then I'm starting to wonder why the heck I am SO weak...probably because I had forgotten to eat so far...I hate when I do that. Sadly it happens a lot..and totally not on purpose. Needless to say it wasn't one of our longest outings. As soon as we got home and I put Liam on the couch to take off his snowsuit...smile city :)

These are the kind of days that I seriously miss Bill. Even if he was at work, at least I would have someone to vent to at the end of the day...and maybe to rub my tired back. Ah well..I'll just put my feet up tonight after Liam is asleep...and dream of next month when my life returns back to normal. Whatever normal is....

No comments:

Post a Comment