Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Welcome to the world Blake :)

For the second time this spring, I am a new aunty.  I would like to officially announce that I have my first NEPHEW!  Blake Harvey Vieau was born on May 4th, 2011 at 9:50 pm.  He weighed in at 10lbs 7oz and was 22 inches long.




My sister-in-law, Kathy, was due to deliver Blake via scheduled c-section on May 12th.  But due to high blood pressure, and Blake's obvious readiness for the world, she was admitted to the hospital on May 4th.  Blake arrived that evening to the joy of all of this family.  Liam and I made the drive to Ottawa 2 days after his birth, and were able to visit him in the hospital on Friday evening.  I was a little worried about bringing Liam to the hospital due to his high energy levels these days, but my mom and dad lent a hand and I was able to hold the bebe for a little while.  Blakester is the CUTEST lil thing ever.  He has these sweet chubby cheeks, great skin coloring, and the cutest lil lips.  I feel so blessed to have three wonderful nieces and nephews now :)

Liam and I stayed in Ottawa for the weekend to visit with all of our family that was down to meet Blake.  On Friday night we visited with Aunt Mary, Uncle Gary and Kelsey.  Kelsey just returned from a year long trip to Europe where she went to school.  It was SO fun going through all of her pictures.  Amazing to see all of the awesome sites she got to visit!  I am a little (oh ok... a LOT) jealous! lol.

On Saturday we sort of hung around my Grams and Gramps house for most of the day.  My Uncle Dave and his partner Gary arrived, so we were super happy to get to see them.  Liam always seems to take right to Uncle Dave...by the end of their time together they are the best of pals.  There is SO much outdoor space to play in at my grams house, so Liam is in his glory pushing a little baby carriage around and exploring the yard.  I love to just sit back and watch him taking everything in.  On Saturday we also made a "fun" trip to Bayshore to see if we could buy a litle lawnmower for Liam to play with.  I loaded Liam up in the van and took off.  It took us forever in Zellers to find someone/anyone who knew about the toy department, just to find out that they had already sold out of the lawnmowers.  So I figured that we would just explore the mall a little bit since I am mall-deprived in Petawawa.  Children's Place was a bit of a bust (I already have the cutest things from there...lol), as was Baby Gap (the cutest things were WAY to expensive for this momma currently).  I thought we would do one last stop at HomeSense....bad idea....Liam had had enough of the oh so hot mall and started to get really fussy.  I didn't finf anything the whole trip that I wanted to buy, except for a super cute little cooler for Liams friend Addy.  Ah well. 

Sunday it was time to drive back home...and it was also my second Mother's Day.  I got spoiled by getting the chance to sleep in a little bit (my dad and Grandpa took control of Liam...though I think the love it just as much as he does...boy time).  My grandpa walked to Timmies so I had an iced capp waiting for me when I woke up (LOVE him), and my Uncle Dave and Gary made an awesome breakfast for us all.  Very good morning!  And Liam was in his glory being loved on by all of his family.  After breakfast and a little hurried packing, we were off.  We stopped at IKEA and Michaels to do a little browsing (the couch Bill and I want from IKEA is now a $100 cheaper..woohoo), and then we drove out to Matt and Kathys for one last Devy and Blake visit.  I am sad that I don't live a little closer as I had so much fun watching Liam and Devyn playing together!  I think they are going to be best friends growing up :)

Since we returned we have kept busy (as always!).  We have been going for daily walks with Pauline and Addy which is great for all of us.  The kids get out of the house, Chloe gets nice long walks, and Pauline and I get some exercise.  I am trying really hard lately to start living a more healthy lifestyle.  Eating better, drinking more water and far less pop, and upping the exercise.  Here's hoping that it pays off :)  Today we also stopped to let the kiddies play at the park.  Fun :)




Tomorrow it is suppposed to be gorgeous again, so we are heading out for another walk, and probably hitting up the beach for the first time this year.  Addy and Liam LOVE the play in the sand now, so I think they are going to be in their glory when they see that beach stretching out around them.  I feel like it is Christmas morning so often these days....whenever I know that I am about to show Liam something new and exciting.  I get that little flutter in the pit of my stomach, and I just can't wait for that moment of joy in his face.  Like the first time he saw that little lawnmower all put together (yes...I finally found one at the Zellers in Pembroke on our drive home on Sunday.  Made a little pit stop).  Bliss!

Yeah...this is about the nicest self-portrait I can get of the two of us.  At least he's not blurry in this one..my little mover!


P.S.  I got my Mother's Day gift in the mail today.  An Organic Ergo baby carrier.  Can you say EXCITED??   Can't wait to try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment