Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Perfect Day!

Today was THE perfect day! Crazy, insanely hot out...but we had so much summer fun :)  Liam and I were up pretty early, and we headed out after a quick breakfast to go pick up Pauline and Addy.  We took Chloe and the kiddies for an early morning walk to Timmies to grab some much needed Iced Capps (seriously...MUCH needed! lol).  By the time we got home we could already tell that it was going to be a sweltering day out.  So we got Chloe all situated at my place, packed up the van and headed out to the beach.  WOO Beach Day!!!  There was only one other Mom and bebe there, so we had the whole place basically to ourselves (the other little girl, named Shea, was in love with Liam and Addy). 

Liam, as always, had to sit back for a little bit to take it all in.  By the time we left the beach he was playing up a storm, but my little man takes a little bit to warm up to new situations.  Plus he is teething like a mad man these days, so his temperament has been a little off.  He love, love, loved playing in the sand...burying his feet and legs in the coolness of it.  And I could see the joy in his face each time he discovered something new..like the way the sand felt falling through his little fingers, or the way the mud squished in between his toes.  Is there anything better than watching your child experience the world on his own two feet?  Normal, everday things just seem all sparkly and new again. Thanks buddy, for showing me the way! 


Miss Addy is a "jump right on in" kinda gal.  As soon as she spotted the water, she was off.  She pretty much hiked right on in, despite how freezing cold it was, and got a little peed off when she realized how dang frigid it was.  She was on the go, go, go all morning long.  I think she's a beach girl for sure.


It is so much fun for me to watch how well my boy gets along with Addy.  They are so blessed to have one another, and I am thankful for Pauline and Addy ever single day.  Liam and Addy's personalities mesh SO well together...and they are just so funny when they are interacting nowadays.  Best pals for sure.


After our fun at the beach, we headed our seperate ways to give the kiddies some lunch and a chance to nap.  Liam didn't eat much..probably due to it being so hot out...and didn't sleep much, probably due to the same thing.  I called Pauline at about 4 to say that we were taking the kids out to Kelseys for supper (air conditioning and not having to cook...perfect plan!).  It is mine and Bill's 3rd anniversary today, and since Bill is still out in the field, Pauline was his stand in for supper out. lol.  The kids were both pretty darn hyper, but we had a good meal anyways.

 Addy likes to share...and Liam likes to eat.  It's a friendship made in heaven!

This post would not be complete without a little homage paid to my wonderful husband.  Bill and I have been "together" for 5 years now...married for 3...and I feel so wonderfully thankful to have him beside me on this journey.  We fight, and whine, and cry....but we go to bed every night loving each other.  And that's what matters.  He still compliments me each and every day, he is a wonderful father, he loves his family, he works so damn hard to take care of Liam and I...he is just amazing.  And I am reminded today about how lucky I am to have found him.

 From those early, lovely, carefree "dating" days...ok, not so carefree. We were both working full time, and I was finishing up my B.A. at Carleton U.


 To our awesome summer weekends spent at the cottage...falling more and more in love.

 To moving in together and our first apartment in Ottawa (this is us walking to Starbucks on New Years Day)

To truly, madly, deeply falling in love and getting engaged on Christmas Eve.

And to living Happily Ever After. 

Bill, you are my rock, and I love you more everyday.  Here's to SO many more years of love, adventure and happiness (and one year closer to our 10th Anniversary where we will renew our vows in Hawaii...ALOHA!! lol).  Love you.




No comments:

Post a Comment