Sunday, July 25, 2010

Mommyhood

Mommyhood...what a ride! There is absolutely no way that anyone can prepare you for the experience of being a parent...no words to express how beautiful and exciting and exhausting and exhilarating it all is. You just have to take the plunge. Jump in and hope for the best. And boy oh boy, did I get the best! Baby that is :) My son is such a wonder to me. He is creeping up on 8 months now, and everyday I can see him growing and changing. Today I noticed that he can hold one of his blocks fully in one hand. He couldn't do that last week. This week he is also figuring out how to get up on his hands and knees. No big boy crawling yet (he can army crawl like a master now thought), but he gets up on his knees and shakes his little bum back and forth in the air. One of these days I know that he just going to take off and there will no stopping him!
This weekend we were super lucky to have Liams Nana stay with us. She arrived on Friday afternoon and stayed until just a little while ago. It was so great having her here...I love it when Liam gets to be spoiled by someone who loves him like I do. There is a small chance that when my dad gets back from Afghanistan, that my mom may be moving to Petawawa to live with him again (long story...lol), so I tried to show her the sights a little bit while she was here. Bill and I found this beach called Petawawa Point the other day, which is gorgeous, so we took a drive there one morning. There is also a beach on the base called Black Bear Beach which is also very pretty. We will definetly be bringing Liam there one of these days.
We are heading out to Bill's cottage tomorrow, staying for a day and a night, and then heading into Ottawa for a couple of days. We've decided that we need to show Liam the Ottawa sites...be tourists for a little while....so the plan is to take him downtown to see the Parliament Buildings, Rideau Center, the Market, etc. I would also really like to take him to the Science and Technology Museum while we're in town. Not because he will understand at ALL what he is seeing, but I think he'd have some fun seeing the big trains and the light tunnel. Bill and I really love museums too, so it should be lots of fun. And as always, we will try to see as many people as we can while we are there. I miss everyone so much now that I live away...it will be good to see them. After a few days in Ottawa, we are driving back to the cottage to pick up our dog Chloe and to spend a few days with Bills family (his family picnic/reunion is also in there somewhere). I am hoping that the lake is warm enough by now that we will be able to take lil man into the water. We have a floaty thing to put him in, baby suntan lotion, little swimmer diapers and some cute fishy swim trunks and shirt....so we're all good to go. I will post some pics if we make it in :) Liam will be in his glory at the cotttage...another Grandma to spoil him and hug him galore.
Cheers everyone! May you have a great week..and may you get a chance to soak up some of this awesome sunshine today!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment