Saturday, August 7, 2010

Can you bottle a feeling?

Right now my son is asleep upstairs with his Nana, the house is quiet, and I have a full iced cappucino in front of my. Life is good! We are staying with my grandparents in Ottawa for one more night, and then it's back to good ol' Petawawa. I took a walk over to Tim Hortons just a little while ago, and man is it gorgeous out. It's one of those days that you just want to bottle up and sample every once in awhile. The sky is oh so blue, and the temperature is perfect, and there is just this feeling in the air that fall is somewhere around the corner. Not necessarily the next corner, it may take a few blocks to get there...but I love that sense of the season about to change. As a kid, I always loved fall. I was one of those weird ones that actually loved back to school time. The new outfits all set to go, all of my pencial crayons sharpened and colorful ...waiting to create something magical, the new backpack all filled up. So great! I can't wait to share that feeling with Liam. As it is right now, I am so excited just to experience Liams first autumn with him. I have visions of playing in the leaves with him, picking out pumkins, going for hikes in the forest (we LOVE to do this as a family...there is always so much to discover), and dressing him all up warm and snuggly in his fall clothes. MMMmmmm....did I mention that life is good? :)
For the past 2 weeks we have been on vacation. My husband had a couple of weeks off (so GREAT!!) so we took off to his cottage for the first week, and did the whole Ottawa/tourist thing for the end half. The cottage was actually a lot of fun this time. Sometimes in the past I haven't had that great of a time up there...Bill will go off to help his dad with things, and then I've been sort of stuck inside with the baby. But this time was different. Bill was super awesome the whole time....we really worked as a team the whole time we were there. One night I would do bathtime and Bill would do bottle, and then the next night we would switch. It worked out great and we both got our alone time with little man. We took Liam in the lake for the very first time (I will post some pics soon I promise!) and he absolutely LOVED it! He did a little squack the first time, but honestly...who wouldn't?? The water was a tad chilly at first. But then his little legs started kicking and his face lit up. It was magic. Our puppy Chloe also joined us in the water, so Liam had a grand ol' time watching her paddle away (and mommy had the task of keeping the two "babies" from meeting up in the water...dog paws and floating babies do not mix! lol). We took Liam for a couple of long hikes in the woods which he also loved. I think he enjoys being in the snuggli because he can be a part of all the action. Sometimes he moves his legs like he is actually walking along. Too funny.
Ottawa has been great, and tiring. Lol. We've taken Liam downtown Ottawa to see the sights and do some shopping (he loved all the people and watchng all the cars), we took his on a little toy buying splurge at Toys R Us (bought him a picnic table, etc. for his birthday in December), and we took him to the Science and Technology Museum (he seemed to like all of the reflections in the glass, the trains....but most of all the ceiling fans that were way up high...lol). All in all, a great trip.
Bill left Thursday for home as he had a meeting Friday morning, and Liam and I decided to hang out in Ottawa for a couple of extra days. It is my Uncle Gords 50th birthday party tonight, and since we've moved away I have missed a lot of family events, so I thought it would be nice to see everyone. I know that everyone is dying to see Liam also...so I don't wanna deny them. lol We'll head back home tomorrow morning which is great. After having had 2 weeks with Bill not working...I'm having withdrawal being away from him for a couple of days. I miss him.
Anyways, sorry no pics this time...there will be lots in the future!

1 comment:

  1. When I first read the title, I thought it said "Can you bottle a feeding?"
    I was like....hmmmm

    Ha ha, great post sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete