Sunday, July 18, 2010

What a Day, What a Day

Today was one of those days you get to the end of and wonder how the heck you got to the end of it! Liam was up again at 4 something, but he was really and truly crying this time. Like big alligator tears and everything. So I did something I try never to do anymore...I fed him. I tried everything else first: soother, teething gel, rocking, bouncing, cuddling nice and tight...but nothing was working. So I figured he just needed the comfort of breastfeeding. And I was right, as soon as he started to eat, his little eyes closed and he was back asleep. Bill had to be at work for 5 this morning, so he was leaving just as I was leaving Liam's room. I got another hours sleep, and then the stupid birds woke me up.

Ok..I'm all for nature...and I wrote about the birds in my last post...but seriously?? COME ON!! The little black birds are getting on my nerves. Bill calls them Grackels..don't know if that's their real name...but they are fast becoming my enemies. Lol. This morning I kept opening and closing my window so it would scare them away. But they would only fly away for a couple of minutes and then would flock right back. So I ended up getting so pissed off that I ran down the stairs in my pjs, burst out the back door and stole the darn birdfeeder away. Poor birds (NOT!). I put it back later though so that the bluejays and chipmunks could enjoy it. Anywho, by the end of all that, Liam had woken up and our day had officially begun. Lately we've been having so much fun just laying on my bed in the morning and playing. I love to watch him "reading" his books to me, babbling away like he's telling the best story ever. This morning he would laugh and laugh whenever I would tickle his belly with this little football that he has.

When I came downstairs to feed Liam his breakfast, I noticed a few ants on the floor in the hallway. I thought nothing of it at first, just cleaned them up and kept walking. Then I saw a few more, and a few more...then I realized that there were all over the place. SO disgusting. So I went through a major cleaning frenzy. Killed all the ants, swept all the floors and spot cleaned, and put all the rugs outside to be shaken. When Bill got home from work he put some ant traps in safe places, so we're hoping that will contain the problem. I already have dog hair to contend with on an everyday basis...I hate Liam crawling around and getting covered in it, so I pretty much vacuum everyday...so the ants are just too much.

My Uncle Dave and his partner Gary stopped in for a quick visit this afternoon. I love seeing my family, and I love company, but there is a part of me that is still a little ashamed at the state of my house currently. We are still very much in the process of trying to get rid of stuff we no longer need, and trying to find a way to organize and use the stuff that we want to keep. So I find myself apologizing for things as we do a quick tour. Just the way that I am I guess. Truly Canadian.

I feel like I have so much more to write tonight, but Bill just started watching a movie and I want to watch too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment