Monday, June 21, 2010

Oh How I Miss You.....

Some of the things I have been missing lately.....
- Sleep! Oh sleep....you and I had a good run of it. Unfortunately my new little baby hasn't yet learned to appreciate you, so you will have to be put on hold for a little while. On the topic of sleep...I especially find myself missing those rainy mornings when I didn't have to go to work...when I could wake up at whatever time, go and make myself a hot cup of tea, read a book all snuggled in my bed, and fall back asleep for however long I wanted. AHHH. Pure joy!
- Home! The concept of "home" is so fluid. Bricks and stone make a house, but not a home. Home is a feeling, I think. A sense that as soon as you walk in the doors, you are in a place that makes you feel good and right. My house in Petawawa is not a home yet, especially since Bill has only lived in it for 2 days as of yet. I am hoping that once he gets back, and we do a little yard work and organizing, that I can reclaim a sense of being home. I hate this feeling of being loose in the world, like I belong nowhere.
- Ottawa! Okay...so I admit that I miss the big city. Bill and I had been talking for the last year about how we couldn't wait to get out of the city...get back to a smaller town where we could breathe a little easier, spend less time in traffic commuting everywhere, see the stars. Now that I am here, I miss the noise and the hustle and bustle that came along with city life. I always felt like there was so much going on...and at any moment you could go out your doors and find a thousand things to do. Here...not so much. My dog is probably very happy though, since the only thing I have really found to do outside my house since my husband has been gone is to walk the dog.
- B.C.! B.C. is always always always on my list of things that I miss. Sometimes I will get a wiff of something on the breeze, or I will see the sun setting just so overtop the trees, and my mind is instantly transported back to Vancouver Island. For those of you who haven't been there....GO! Go now!! It is honestly the most beautiful place I have ever been...and I have been all across Canada. I miss the smells, and the ocean....the way you can dig your feet into the sand once the sun has set and it is so cold. I miss walking through the forests there...all the ferns. I miss going on the ferries and feeling the mist from the water. Ahhhh. Bliss.
- Bill! I miss my husband. Oh so much. Everyday. Every moment. Most of the time I get by just fine...I just don't think about anything. It's those times when Liam is asleep and I am alone that I feel so deep down how much I truly miss him. We talk on the phone everyday, but its not the same. He is my partner in life and without him here I sort of feel like I am not complete.
- Books! A weird thing to miss I am sure, but I used to read at least one book a week in my pre-baby days, now I have been working on the same one all month. I am a self-admitted read-aholic. Give me the choice between tv and a good book and the book will always win hands down. Lately though, sleep has been winning out over reading. Any free time I have is spent on so many other things (including this blog today) that reading has fallen to the way side. Sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment