Tuesday, April 27, 2010

And it starts..


So I found out tonight that Bill may be going away for about a month in June to help out with the G20 summit in Toronto. For the past few weeks he has been stationed in Petawawa...basically just waiting for our move date and killing time. He was asked to help out with the field cooking unit, and I guess they like him because since then he has helped with a mess dinner, and been asked to help in Toronto. I knew going in that being a military wife can be challenging sometimes. You move around a lot, you are always having to make new friends, and your spouse is often away. But I kind of thought that we might at least have a few months of normalcy before he would be gone again. He left for Basic Training in October 2009, came home for the birth of our son in December and was home for a month (half of which was spent in hospitals for our little guy), and it is now almost May 2010. I feel a little sad for Bill and Liam mostly...by the end of June, Bill will have essentially missed half of his first year. Time he can never get back. I try to let Bill talk to Liam on the phone every time he calls, and Liam always smiles...but I just wish he didn't have to go away again so soon. Complain complain, I know. I am very good and putting on a brave face and just getting through things, but I wasn't expecting this. And I was so darn excited when he called tonight because I knew he would be home on Friday and that was it for us being apart. SAD! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment