Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I am thankful for......


Things I Am Grateful For:

- LIAM!!! Oh how I am grateful...thankful...in awe....of my wonderful son. I was holding him in the crook of my arm tonight, in our most comfortable rocking chair, in his room lit up only by his little moon lamp, watching as his little eyes got heavy and his little mouth sucked at his bottle. I found myself getting a little teary...thinking of how I can't stop time...he is going to grow and grow into the 1 year old, 2 year old, 7 year old he is meant to be. And I am SO excited that I get to watch. But so sad that he won't be my little monkey for long. He amazes me every single day. Today he played with blocks for the very first time. Really PLAYED with them....he picked each one up with his little hands, shook them, banged them....and just stared at them. It was fascinating and I was so very proud of him. lol. Doesn't take much to make me proud☺ Is there anything better than watching your baby sleeping?

- The Rain. Ok...weird....I shouldn't be thankful for the rain because I actually need to pack my car up so we can drive to the cottage first thing in the morning. But I am a sucker for the way the rain sounds as it falls, as it pours through the rain gutters. And I am a sucker for the way it smells, and the breeze it coaxes into my room. I have a gazillion things I should be doing right now, but the rain made me stop and just write for a moment. So thank you rain.

- Bill. My wonderful husband. We have been apart for way too long now, but we are soon to be reunited and I can't wait! I miss him so badly, and I love him so much, and I just really want to be able to watch him interacting with Liam. He is working so hard for us, and I so grateful to have him.

- My family!!! I can't even say enough. Truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment