Sunday, August 15, 2010


I am a horrible, horrible blogger. I admit it. You would think that not having anything to say would be the problem, but for me, it's the opposite. If I don't write for a few days, I feel like there is WAY too much to report, so I don't write, and then the problem just gets bigger and bigger. But I am not giving up quite yet, so no worries!

This week has been pretty uneventful, but as always when you have a baby in your life, it has been pretty busy. Bill is currently working six days on, and then gets three days off....so I am excited for tomorrow when he starts his days off. On Tuesday of this week I took Liam to the Under One club playgroup for the second time. We had been away on holidays for a few weeks, and he slept through one of the Tuesdays, so in all we had missed three weeks. What a difference 3 weeks makes!! The first time we went to the group, Liam sort of sat in front of me and assessed the situation. He did end up playing a little bit, but he didn't really venture too far away from me. This Tuesday, he was off! There was no stopping him! :) There was another little boy there named Nolan that we had met the first week....he and Liam were just having a grand ol time. It is seriously the cutest thing ever to see two little guys watching each other play with new toys, looking in the mirrors together...and just crawling around, learning as they go. I loved it. Nolan's mommy seems really great too, so I am excited about next weeks playgroup. It's great to have another mom to talk to about silly things like whether or not our kids should be eating meat yet, or how much they should be napping at this stage. We even found out that we are both planning on putting our little guys in swimming lessons come September, so it will be super fun to go together.

For the rest of the week, Liam and I sort of stuck to the same routine everyday. Get up, chill in the big bed for a little while (I still breastfeed Liam in the mornings...it's kind of our special time together...with Bill...lol), then venture into his room to get dressed for the day. I find that I have to get myself nice and cheerful in the morning so that it sets the tone for the rest of the day. It's hard not to be happy though, with this little face looking at me everyday.


After that, we play in the living room for awhile...usually end up making a big mess exploring all of our different toys. Liam seems to like the toys that are not really toys the best...remote controls, the camera case, the cabinet doors under the tv. Silly guy! When he was about 3 months old I bought him this stand and play walker thing...and I finally managed to put that together this week. So far not too much interest in it...but at least it's there for him when he's ready. I got spoiled this week because for two whole days, my son actually napped for longer than 30 min. intervals. He had 2, 2 hour naps instead. AHHHHHHHHHH!!! Amazing!!! I was able to get some chores done AND relax myself. So that is how the other half live. Today we're back to normal it seems.

So all in all...a pretty normal week in the Adams family. When Bill was working the morning shifts, we were able to go out and buy some potted Mum plants to spruce up the backyard a little bit better. When we first got to this pmq, the yard was in serious need of some attention. After making this new little garden, I am pretty pleased with how it is coming along. We may not live here for too long, but while we are here I'd like to see something beautiful when I look out my kitchen window. And after all my complaining about the damn birds in the backyard...FINALLY we have some cute little ones. They appear in packs of 5 or 6...and they're the sweetest things ever. YEY! :) Liam and I stand at the kitchen window almost everyday and just watch them :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the new layout and love this Blog!!!

    Mommy friends are the most important things ever...if you like Nolan's mommy, don't be shy to ask for her number, plan a playdate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is definitely attractive in layout Amanda, not too showy and I like the caption on the side with the pictures, very clever and cute.

    I give this blog a 9/10 :)

    ReplyDelete