Friday, November 5, 2010

There's just something about that first real snowfall...

There is just something about the first real snowfall. It has snowed a few times already this season here in lovely Petawawa, Ontario..but tonight, for the first time, it is actually sticking. And I know that I will probably eat my own words later in the winter, when I am knee deep in snow piles, Liam has a runny nose, and Chloe needs to go for a walk...but right now, I am just loving it for what it is. I love the way that snow covers the brown grass and the dead flowers and just makes everything sparkle. I love the smell of snow in the air...how crisp and refreshing it is. I love how quiet the world seems when the snow is falling. And right now, I love that snow means Christmas is on its way. I'm not one to count down the days, because it's not necessarily just Christmas day that I adore..it's the whole dang season!!! lol. Around this time, I start to sense Christmas in the air. It has this wonderful spicy, warm smell to it. And this year, I just can't wait to share all of the excitement with my little guy. I can't wait to see his eyes light up when he sees christmas lights for the first time. Or see his reaction to Santa Clause. SO much fun and love around Christmas time. And my family has loads to give! I took Chloe for a walk in the snow tonight, as Bill rocked Liam to sleep....and it was heaven. Just thought I would share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment