Saturday, March 3, 2012

Spring?


Looking like Spring is slowly on its way here in Ontario (though I will miss the cuteness that is Liam all dressed in his winter gear! lol).  Today brought with it extremely high winds and temperatures in the pluses finally.  It also brought with it lots of slushy roads and power outages.  I worked for most of the day, so Liam got to hang out with his Daddy.  Bill is now off for his March Break, and it is delightful to say the least.  There is just something great about leaving for work with no hurt in the back of my heart for leaving Liam at his daycare.  I know he has lots of fun at daycare, and Pauline does such a great job at loving him like I would, but those days that he doesn't want me to leave and clings to my body...those days tug at a mommy's heart strings.


Tomorrow we are off to Ottawa for the day.  I have been wanting to take Liam to the Nature Museum for quite some time now, but circumstances have always seemed to foil our plans.  So tomorrow is finally the day!  I cannot wait to see my little monkey's face when he gets to see all of the animals, birds, dinosaurs and the like.  I think he is going to LOVE it and I can't wait.  We are also fitting in a visit with my grandparents and with Bills parents, sister, brother in law and our niece Stephanie.  Nothing like a busy day. lol. 


Liam is such a busy guy these days.  I was very happy that Bill got back from Cochrane when he did this week, because I was getting dang exhausted running around after him and Chloe.  Liam has sort of got the "no way" thing mastered now, and does not hesitate to make sure we know it. lol.  He also loves to throw things all of a sudden, so no toy is safe.  Liam is such a smarty!! Today while our power was off, we spent some family time on the couch reading books.  I loved listening to him and Bill learning the alphabet and counting out numbers.  Liam can pretty well count from 1-10 with no problems now, and is awesome at the alphabet.  It's crazy how fast they pick things up at this age.



 So here's hoping that the Spring weather continues around here.  I can handle some wind and rain as long as it means that the mountains of snow we have might finally melt.  I am SUCH a Spring girl...it can'ts come soon enough for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment