Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My son...the Starfish swimmer!!

Today was Liam's first swimming lesson, and I was so excited for it! Unfortunately I had to take him solo as Bill is out in the field cooking this week, so there are no pictures to document the occasion (other than the couple I managed to snag while we were in the changing room). Hopefully Bill will be able to come with us one week so he can see how darn fun it is.
Liam enjoying the chair on the wall...all ready to go in the pool :)

I won't go into details, but Liam was a horrible, horrible sleepet last night. I tried every mom trick that I could think of to get him to settle down and stay asleep, but nothing seemed to work. So we were both up into the early morning and I was afraid that we wouldn't be up to swimming. But we were! Oh...we were! lol Liam woke up after 7 (seriously...this is a momentous event!! If Bill and I ever get to sleep past 6:30 we are overjoyed) and I got him dressed for the day right away (usually we stay in our jammies until after morning nap). We had an early breakfast and bottle, and then we were off to Timmie's to get mommy some much needed caffeine. On a sidenote, I am finding it SO liberating to get to eat and drink whatever I want without worrying about whether or not it will make it into the breastmilk.

After Timmie's we headed over to the base pool (a little early as I had no clue what I was in for). I got Liam changed into his cute lil bathing suit and swim diaper, got myself ready to go...and then we bumped into our friends Maureen and Nolan who were also in the class. WOO! :) Liam started getting excited as soon as he saw the baby pool. And the moment he touched the water, the arms and legs started moving like crazy...water was flying everywhere. He really is a natural swimmer it seems...like he was meant to be in the water. I am SO happy as I am the same way. Seems like there will be lots of swim time in our future. Anywho..the class was only 30 minutes long, and Liam did awesome throughout the whole thing. It is SO cute watching all of these little ones floating around...so pleased and excited with themselves. We ended up knowing a bunch of people from the playgroup that we go to, so it was such a fun morning. The hardest part of the whole thing was definetly getting us OUT of the pool complex. I did not think about how much work it would be to get a 9 month old all dried and dressed, as well as myself...in a confined area. Thankfully our changing rooms have these little chairs on the wall that you can put the babies in while you change. Lifesavers!!! And Liam thought it was great being in it..wonders of wonders! lol

Liam napped as soon as we got home, so I was able to get in an hours worth of sleep (yey!! Thank God!). After he woke up, I gave him a bath to get rid of the chlorine (plus he has a little diaper rash going on, so I figured it would help anyways).
I love his raised eyebrow and cool hairdo in this pic! lol
After bathtime, I fed him lunch and then we headed out again. There is something to be said about having "at home" days...we'll probably do that tomorrow....but I like to take Liam out as much as possible so that he can be exposed to different things. Today we went to our favorite trail to take Chloe for a walk. I've blogged about this trail before, and today I actually managed to take some pics of the beauty! Enjoy!
The beginning of the trail sort of doesn't look like much...

Then you walk by an old cemetary surrounded by barbed wire... And then you come upon this gorgeous park and pond!

Beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment